Thursday, February 19, 2009

Defeat...

OK, I know I said I would pick through the Senate/House compromise and pull out all the pork, but by the time I got to the section where they are starting the process of Nationalizing our Health Care System, I was so depressed I had to close it up.

So, let's start talking about the NEXT Stimulus package. You know, the one they're going to have to pass 'really fast' to prevent the next emergency situation. We know, they know, everyone knows that this steal-from-us bill is NOT going to fix anything. President Obama came out and admitted it right after signing it, by saying that there will need to be more in the near future. What? You mean this Hog-zilla of a bill wasn't enough?
When I think about it, though, I wonder if another stimulus bill might actually be a good idea...
No, really- I'm serious! The Democrats have already used up all the pet projects they've been aching to cram into a bill, so maybe the next package would be a legitimate stimulus bill that could be put together by both parties, with advice from economists...
And now back to reality! There will never be a bill that comes out of this government that is not larded up with pork. Sad, but true. Good luck to all of us. I wonder what will be left when this administration leaves office.

No comments:

Post a Comment