Friday, February 27, 2009

CPAC

Watching Mitt Romney give his speech today, I was struck with a thought. I'm sure others were thinking the same thing. In fact, I'm pretty sure HE was thinking the same thing........
If he had gotten the nomination, we might not be looking down the barrel of trillions of dollars in national debt, an economy shot all to heck, and a coward's posture in national defense. At the time, I preferred McCain. As a fellow veteran, I admired his strength and fortitude in his defense of our great country. Mitt Romney has always looked kind of like a bobble-head to me, and still did in his speech today, honestly. I disagreed with some of his stances, and just generally liked McCain better. If I had it all to do over again, I would be standing on the rooftops begging everyone to vote for Romney. Not that I have anything against John McCain- I still admire him and his service to our country, but... well... I don't think any of us have any idea where this country is headed now, but it looks like it's going to make a big splash in a large vat of Kool-Aid. (based on the latest polls that show the majority of Americans believing every word President Obama says, even while he is doing the complete OPPOSITE of what he says!)
Life-vest anyone?

No comments:

Post a Comment