Thursday, March 5, 2009

I <3 Strategy Room

I just have to say- watching this show keeps me informed to the nth degree. I read a lot, and find lots of sources of information, but watching the people on the Strategy Room discuss the issues, I learn more than the facts... The guests have lived actual history, and in some cases, are still living it. They are more than pundits sitting around and regurgitating the same old tired opinions they heard from someone else. These are people who have been there, done that, and could do it again tomorrow if they had to. OK, there are SOME guests who just sit there and regurgitate the same tired old talking points, but they're all liberals. Ever notice how a lot of liberals base their opinions on something someone told them, and the conservatives are basing their statements on their personal experiences? Even a liberal has a hard time staying a liberal when they're faced with reality all around them, instead of their insulated little world of rose-colored glasses and utopian promises of hope and change. One of the most inspiring things I saw during CPAC was the husband-wife team of 'recovering liberals' who got a dose of reality when they went to report on a mining town. Their movie, "Not Evil Just Wrong" is one I am actually planning to see. (Not being a regular movie-goer, this is a rarity) I would love to see them on the Strategy Room.. hmm... Think I'll send an email and request it!

No comments:

Post a Comment